Spring is here and we want to keep our meals light while still enjoying amazing flavours. With the introduction of Extraordinary Foods range of snacks, seasoning and sprinkles we thought we would share one of their most popular recipes for Balsamic Glazed Superfood Salad.
1 bunch fresh curly kale
50g sliced almonds
4 small potatoes
1/2 jar Super Seed Sprinkles
6 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs soft brown sugar
extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil. Slice the potatoes to create slim disks, and add them to the pan. Add a few pinches of salt, and put a lid on top of the pan. Toss potato occasionally until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Prepare the pomegranate by removing the seeds inside. For an easy way to do it, check out the video at the bottom of this page.
- Remove the kale leaves from the stem and roughly chop. Finely slice the red onion.
- Once the potato is cooked, put it into a bowl and return the pan to the stove. Add 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil, and then add the sliced red onion. Fry until the onion becomes glassy.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and a few pinches of salt. Fry for 5 mins so that the balsamic vinegar reduces and thickens slightly.
- Turn off the heat from the stove but leave pan on top of the hot plate. Add the kale, and gently toss through the balsamic and onion dressing. Once kale has wilted, tip into a salad bowl.
- Add the potato, pomegranate, sliced almonds, and Super Seed Sprinkles. Toss gently to combine, and serve. Delicious!
Recipe credit: original recipe ‘Balsamic Glazed Potato, Pomegranate and Kale Salad’ prepared by Extraordinary Foods