This is a quick and easy approach to a syrup cake using our very own Essential Ingredient Saffron Syrup. The earthy flavour of saffron enhances the zingy citrus in this incredibly moist cake that will have them asking for seconds…or thirds.
125g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
Zest of 1 Orange
2 cups desiccated coconut
1 cup self raising flour
1 250ml bottle of Essential Ingredient Saffron Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC. Grease a 23cm (9 inch) bundt pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Move mixture into a large bowl and begin to stir in the coconut, orange zest and sifted flour. Place mixture into pan.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool before pouring over the saffron syrup.
- Cover and allow to chill overnight in the fridge.
- Serve with double cream and garnish with saffron threads.