Sometimes the seasonings we buy at the shop are so easy to make at home with ingredients most of us have in our pantry.
For this recipe we asked our Kate to create a delicious teriyaki salmon using a selection of our fabulous new range of Japanese ingredients.
4 x Salmon Fillet
3 x Carrot
1 cup Bean Sprout
2 tbsp Smoked Vinegar
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
½ cup TEI Sake
½ cup TEI Mirin
½ cup soy sauce (tamari )
2 tbsp caster sugar
- Mix marinade in small saucepan and bring to boil for 1 minute. Allow to cool.
- Pour marinade over salmon fillets and marinade for 1-2 hrs.
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Drain salmon fillets reserving marinade and place salmon in an ovenproof dish.
- Add marinade to saucepan and bring to a simmer reduce to ½ cup.
- Peal and trim carrots. Using a mandolin with shredding blades julienne carrots and place in bowl with bean sprouts, vinegar and oil. Mix and set aside.
- Cook salmon fillets under grill for 4 mins each side brushing with teriyaki glaze.
- Rest salmon for 5 minutes.
2 cup Sushi Rice
Flavoured sesame seeds
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Rinse rice under cold water to remove excess starch.
- Place in medium saucepan and cover with 3 cups of water.
- Cover with lid and bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and cook until all the water has absorbed (10 min).
- Mix rice with sesame seeds and vinegar.
- Plate salmon, rice and salad and enjoy.